Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring (?) Cleaning

It looked like spring might be here but today it is raining again. The kids did get to play at the park this morning and are BOTH napping!

I'm determined to get this house clean and then keep it clean. Fitting that this week my Bible study is about having a heart for my home. Last week I did a lot of research (reading blogs) to find out how other women keep their homes in order. I decided that I need to have a general schedule, so that I can get things done on a regular basis. I did an Excel spreadsheet because I am very visual and need to have it IN MY FACE and also attractive to look at. Here is the PLAN:

Daily AM:
Quiet time
Open blinds
Make bed
Get dressed
Put shoes on
Medicine
Empty dishwasher

Daily PM:
Put laundry away
Dinner
Run dishwasher
Sweep
Straighten up
Set up workboxes

Monday:
Kitchen
Mom's laundry
Exercise

Tuesday:
Towels

Wednesday:
Bathrooms
Boy's laundry
Exercise

Thursday:
Bedrooms
Sheets

Friday:
Living/Dining
Dad's laundry
Exercise

Sat/Sun:
Church

Weekly:
Menu plan
Joshua's schedule
Water/trim flowers
Wash throws

Monthly:
Go thru toys
Go thru clothes
Wipe out fridge

This is the plan for each room on their days of the week...

Kitchen:
Scrub sink
Countertops
Cupboard doors
De-clutter
Fridge doors
Stove top
Microwave
Reaarange pantry
Sweep
Mop

Bedrooms:
Dust
Sweep
Mop
De-clutter

Bathrooms:
Sink/Counter
Toliet
Tub/Shower
De-clutter
Sweep
Mop
Garbage

Living/Dining:
Dust
Table
Windows
De-clutter
Glass
Desk

That should be enough to get you started. Tuesday I plan on only washing towels because I am gone most of the day for Bible study and errands. And my friend, Karrie, started washing each family member's laundry on their own day and I am trying that out now, too. I have a three bag laundry hamper thing, so one for Mom, Dad and the boys. Then on Tuesday I grab all the towels, Thursday all the sheets. I think it'll be easier to put away the clothes this way, too.

1 comment:

  1. Is the laundry working out this way? It's been great for me. :)

    ReplyDelete