Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Family & Respect: Part Five

5~Have you ever been respectful to someone who is disrespectful to you?

This is definitely something I have struggled with. I've worked in call-centers, retail and restaurants. All of these are places in which you must bite your tongue. It also helps that I am not easily offended by comments or actions from people. I have better things to be concerned about. But as I am deepening my relationship with Christ, I realize that loving one another is more important than winning a battle or being right.

John 13:34
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Romans 12:10
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.

1 Peter 3:8
Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment