Wednesday, July 1, 2009

An Article I Had To Share

Crosswalk.com is a wonderful Christian website full of articles, advice and other resources. I found an article entitled "Confessions of a Former Housework Hater." Could that be more me? I have been struggling the last few weeks with housecleaning, and, honestly, any kind of responsibilities. I've just been in a funk. I hate it, my husband hates it and I know the kids do, too. I've been waiting for this magic motivation to suddenly appear from nowhere but after reading this article I realized that I can only do what I can do. And more importantly that I can only do what God enables me to do and those things I need to do for the GLORY OF GOD!

Excerpt from the article by Cindy Puhek:
Perhaps I had fallen into the trap of separating the secular and the sacred. Praying, Bible study, and ministry had eternal worth, but keeping my closet clean, I mistakenly thought, was unimportant in view of eternity. Whatever the reason for my dislike of housework, God has changed my heart, and I now work to maintain my home with joy.

Are you a housework hater? Would you rather spend your time, I don't know... blogging? or drinking cappuccinos? While I don't love housework and I am (SLOWLY) realizing that doing it for God glory will make it easier. Starting with the right attitude will also help it go by faster and less painfully.

  • Proverbs 31:27

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

  • 1 Corinthians 14:33

33For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.
  • 1 Corinthians 14:40

40But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.


No comments:

Post a Comment