Sunday, May 24, 2009

Family & Respect: Part One

1~What does family mean to you?

Family is so many things to me. Of course, it starts with my parents, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, my grandparents that have gone to be with the Lord. Now I have my very own family, Jason and Joshua and Nikolas. And my in-law family, which is wonderful.

But I am so blessed to have friends that I can also call family. Friends that I've had since preschool, middle school, highschool and well after that. I also have friends that are new, that live next door or down the street. In a military community, your friends become your family, the people you rely on when you are in need. I have some amazing friends here in Sicily that are my family.

Family is anyone you can rely on, trust, turn to, pray with, share with without being judged, cry with, love with, have tears-in-your-eyes fun with.

-Romans 12:10-
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

-1 Thessalonians 5:11-
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Here are a few of my newest friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment