Sunday, May 24, 2009

Family & Respect: Part Two

2~What do you do to stay in touch with your family who is far away?

We live in Sicily, Italy and have been here since December 2006. My parents were able to visit in March of 2008, Jason's mom and step-dad were here for Thanksgiving 2008. There is a lot of emails, boxes and Facebooking. I have been trying to write more notes to friends back home. Living here has been such a blessing but such a burden at the same time. My Papa passed away just before New Years after a long battle with Alzheimer's and I wasn't there for my mom. I feel so isolated and while the internet brings us closer, it can never be the same. I am really looking forward to a long visit in December when we return to the states.

-Jeremiah 31:13-
Then young women will dance and be glad,
young men and old as well.
I will turn their mourning into gladness;
I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment